Friday, August 3, 2012

My Surprise Birthday!

Ever since Chloe missed my birthday, they'd been planning to surprise me. That's just what they did last night. Abby called to tell me she was going to pick Chloe up from camp, so I met them at home. When they got home- Chloe asked me if we could do some reading together- something we do often, so I went right with it. We went upstairs to her room to choose some books and Abby was going to unload the truck. After a few minutes Abby called up to me and asked for some help with something.
As I came down into the living room, I noticed a huge rice crispy treat cake with burning candles and a big gift from both of them.
They said "Happy Birthday"!!! With huge, proud grins on their faces.
I was so so surprised! I got huge hugs and kisses and blew out my candles.
My gift was WAY better than the tube of paint I'd asked for... It's a beautiful, wooden, portable easel with a hidden drawer for supplies!!
I'm so excited to have something to bring my art with me!! I can go to the park, or camping, or out in the yard. They are so thoughtful and generous.

Then we took some fun pictures in the dining room mirror, and we each gobbled up some of the yummy treat-cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment