Saturday, July 21, 2012

Math family

We went out to dinner last night to our favorite restaurant. Scotty Browns. They give fun little bendy-waxy sticks to the kids and Chloe always makes something fun for us. This time it was an alien.
At one point while we were waiting for our food, we were all doing math. Chloe asked me to write a bunch of math problems on a paper for her to practice, and Abby and I were working on a trigonometry problem. We talked and bonded over how we all like math and were all good at it. I'm hoping it sticks for Chloe- I believe that mostly people prevent themselves at enjoying math or being any good at it because of early, damaging labels they give themselves or the subject. I told her stories about how I used to ask my mom to write math problems for me at home, too. She got every single problem I gave her correct!

No comments:

Post a Comment